Saturday, August 10, 2013

Agave Seedling You Say!!!!!

I do........that is an Agave havardiana seedling that finally popped out of the soil yesterday! I have planted 4 seeds of the following Agaves: celsii, havardiana, ocahui, ovatifolia, parrasana, utahensis eborispina, & victoriae-reginae.  I was really excited to get them going so they were in the freezer for a short amount of time (6 days). But of course the seeds were planted August 3rd, so I guess a week is not that long.  
This is the first Agaves I have tried, I think after this I'm going to try some Aloes. I'll try to keep up with the updating. As a matter of fact I have a collection of cactus seedlings from a July 14th planting that I'll show in the next couple of days and I guess I should show the growth on the seedlings from the July 14th 2012 entry. Stay tuned! 


Agave havardiana seedling
 
 

2 comments:

Viera said...

a new one.... Welcome...

Hoover Boo said...

I did both aloe and agave seeds this year--the aloes are easier and faster. The agave seedlings are growing so slowly it's ridiculous. Congratulations on your seedlings!